Last Updated on July 4, 2020 by Anne Thynne
Still in the search of the perfect canister filter for your awesome display aquarium in the living room? Well, Fluval FX4 can be the best choice if you are planning for a tank upto 250 Gallons. Today we represent our Fluval FX4 review with all the features, specifications, set up manual, pros & cons you need to know. So, stay tuned!
In the race of the best aquarium filters, Fluval FX4 has secured it’s position among the top 10 along with it’s big brother Fluval FX6 and high-tech cousin Fluval G6! It is one of the most reliable and outstanding canister filters on the market. This is built on the base of FX performance.
Table of Contents
What is Fluval?
Fluval is a world-class company of manufacturing quality aquatic products. It has won the fish- fanciers heart for 30 years with a global reputation for making innovative products with prestige.
This company has a proud history of being at the top place in the market with consistent technically developed products. They are ingenious, easy to use, long lasting and advantageous.
From the very first introduction of canister filters in 1982, Fluval has provided competent, dependable and simple designed canister filtration systems. Fluval products are the reflect of its prompting spirit and promise towards technology. For its excellent mechanical, chemical and biological filtration capability, Fluval FX4 canister filters have achieved high popularity among aquarium owners.
A Brief Overview on Fluval FX4 Canister Filter
The Fluval FX4 Canister Filter has a very impressive performance report. It is a very dynamic and rigid exterior filter with an extensive filtering volume. It is adjustable for almost every aquarium closet. This Canister filter has a great self-pumping system.
The filter needs only water and electricity for operation. It has multi-serviceable features and those works all without changing your setup or tank occupants.
Today a large number of people are using The Fluval FX4 Canister filters. It comparatively takes less time in whole filtration process and can filter up to 250 gallons of water. It is appropriate both for saltwater and freshwater tanks. You may think, this Fluval canister filter is a little bit pricey, but when you do compare this powerful canister filter to other kinds of filters, you will realize that due to its splendid features many people have appreciated it much more.
To keep your aquarium neat and clean, and the nitrogen cycle in place, the Fluval canister filters are an excellent choice. You won’t need to do any work on your own. The filter will perform the filtration process automatically by pumping the water out of the aquarium, filtering it and sending the water back to the aquarium.
How Does Fluval FX4 Look?
The Fluval FX4 filter comes in a compact design that suits in most of the aquarium cabinets. It is 15.6 x 15.6 x 17.7 inches in dimension. The weight is about 17.7 pounds. Its 41.9 cm (16.5 in) tall design can comfortably fit inside a cabinet. This filter has a shiny exterior and spacious interior.
It has a very eye appealing and beautiful appearance. It appears in gorgeous black color in the base. There is a black Fluval symbol at the top cover. It undoubtedly increases the decorative look of an aquarium system.
What Is The Building material Of Fluval FX4?
It is an important point to check out the building material when purchasing a canister filter. As the Fluval FX4 canister filter’s base material is high-quality plastic, it is robust enough to be used in an aquarium. The heavy-duty plastic makes the filter lightweight. So that it can provide high adjustability. Moreover, it helps to clean the filter more easily.
- Suitable for both fresh and marine water aquariums (up to 1000 liters)
- Smart pumping system with advanced microchip technology that consistently observes and operates the pump performance.
- There is no need to lift heavy buckets to change the water. You only need to attach the hose to the output, and the smart pump will do the rest.
- Mechanical, chemical and biological- all these filter media are included
- For cozy installation and rotation procedure valves are situated at 45-degree angled.
- It ensures silent operation through rubberized feet
- Appropriate compact design that comfortably fits in almost all aquarium cabinets.
- Manufactured in Italy
Fits for up to 250 gallons of aquarium
- 2650 L (700 US Gal) of water per hour flow rate
- Filter circulation is about 1700 L per hour
- Its power consumption is 230 V/50 Hz, 30 W
- Filtering volume is 14 L, and biologically filtering volume is 3.9 L
- The dimension is about 15.6 x 15.6 x 17.7
- The hoses length is 3.5 m inner dimension
Fluval FX4 Manual
The Fluval FX4 canister filter manual consists of information about the specifications, warranty, safety information, problem troubleshooting. It also contains setup guide, maintenance tips, other relevant instructions. You can read it briefly on https://www.manualslib.com.
You will have 3 years limited warranty from the day of purchasing Fluval FX4 Canister Filter. It is valid only for defects that you aren’t responsible for. Please remember that once the filter is returned along with all the parts with a correct proof of purchasing and paid bills, only then the non-replaceable parts will be replaced or repaired.
- Smart water change port
- Better hosing
- Very well outlet with a good flow rate
- Easy to maintain
- Enough space for biological media
- Very silent in its operating system
- Excellent cleaning capacity
- Its filter media space is limited for its compact design
- It takes time to remove and replace the lid
Alternatives You May Also Consider
Let’s Watch a Video Review of Fluval FX4!
Sometimes it is easier to watch than read. We understand that, so here you go –
It is fine if someone finds Fluval FX4 filter a little bit pricey and chromatic. But if you really want to purchase the best canister filter, I’ll highly recommend you this one. Your aquarium will look fabulously cleaned and crystal clear. The Fluval FX4 canister filter helps a lot to keep your aquarium well organized and healthy.
Nothing good in this world comes at a cheap price. If you want to enjoy a long run result, you have to make a good investment. And that is why you should go for this highly advanced technology based Fluval FX4 High-Performance Canister Filter.
Other Fluval Canister Filters We Reviewed in Our Blog –
- Exo Terra Sand Mat Review: Desert Terrarium Substrate - October 18, 2020
- How Big Can Goldfish Get: Tips on Growing Your Goldfish Bigger and Faster - October 9, 2020
- Do Cherry Shrimp Need A Filter - October 3, 2020